Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
Issued 09:30 PM PST 18 November 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Wind easterly 10 to 20 knots tonight and Monday.
Issued 04:00 PM PST 18 November 2018
Tuesday Wind easterly 10 to 15 knots.
Wednesday Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots.
Thursday Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to southerly 25 to 35.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 18 November 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
southern BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located 90 miles west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:33 PM PST 18 November 2018 A frontal system west of Bowie will slowly move eastward tonight to
reach Bowie by Monday morning.
Strong to gale force southerlies over Bowie will spread throughout
northern waters tonight. On Monday, strong to gale for southerlies
will develop west of Vancouver Island while moderate southeasterlies
are forecast for the inner South Coast.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: