Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 14 July 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming west 15 knots this afternoon then diminishing to light after midnight. Wind increasing to west 15 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 14 July 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 3:00 p.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 AM PDT 14 July 2020 A frontal system just west of Haida Gwaii will head towards the
North Coast today. Ahead of the system, winds will rise to strong to
gale force southeasterlies early this morning over Dixon Entrance
East and Northern Hecate Strait. Winds will ease to moderate to
strong southwesterlies behind the frontal system by this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: