Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 27 May 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to west 10 to 15 knots near noon and to west 15 to 20 Monday morning. Wind increasing to west 25 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 27 May 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 27 May 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over central Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located near Sandspit.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday building ridge located off Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 AM PDT 27 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure lies stationary over Central Vancouver
Island. A front over the Central Coast will weaken today. A low
pressure centre will move northeast towards Haida Gwaii this
Strong to gale force southerlies over central and northern waters
will veer into strong westerlies in the wake of the low this evening.
On Monday, a ridge will build over the offshore waters resulting in
gale force northwesterly winds off the west coast of Vancouver
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: