Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 02 October 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming westerly 5 to 15 knots early this evening then becoming light near midnight. Wind becoming westerly 5 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 2 October 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over Vancouver Island.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight trough located over BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located over Explorer.
By 6:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located over Hecate Strait to
At 2:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 2 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will approach Haida Gwaii early Tuesday
bringing gale force southerly winds to Hecate Strait.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: