Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 21 September 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 this afternoon then diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 this evening. Wind becoming west 10 to 20 overnight then diminishing to light Saturday morning.
Periods of rain changing to chance of showers Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 05:49 AM PDT 21 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 September 2018 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 1008 mb located over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low 1006 mb located over
southwestern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday low 1005 mb located over southeastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:35 AM PDT 21 September 2018 An approaching low pressure centre will track across Southern
Explorer tonight and weaken over Vancouver Island Saturday morning.
Ahead of the low, northeast gales over Western Queen Charlotte Sound
will spread to Northern Explorer early this morning and shift to
strong to gale force northwesterly in its wake.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: