Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PST 12 November 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeasterly 20 to 30 knots diminishing to easterly 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind easterly 10 to 20 Tuesday.
Showers beginning Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 12 November 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 993 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:02 AM PST 12 November 2018 A frontal system located west of Bowie this morning will slowly move
eastward today crossing Haida Gwaii this evening. Meanwhile a
developing low well offshore this morning will deepen rapidly tonight
as it tracks towards the west coast of Haida Gwaii.
Gale force southeasterly winds over Bowie will spread to most
northern and central waters and off Northwestern Vancouver island
this morning as the front approaches. The gales will persist through
this evening then rise to southeast gale to storm force overnight as
the low approaches.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: