Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 June 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to westerly 10 to 20 knots this afternoon then diminishing to light after midnight. Wind increasing to westerly 10 to 20 Friday morning.
Chance of drizzle late this morning. Chance of showers overnight and Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 June 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the central offshore waters.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Friday dissipating ridge located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over western Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening trough located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Friday approaching ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 21 June 2018 We have onshore flow over the coast today as a trough of
Low pressure deepens over the BC Interior and a weak ridge of high
pressure persists offshore.
Westerly winds will reach up to gale force again late this morning
through Juan de Fuca Strait. Strong southeasterlies will persist
Over the Strait of Georgia today as cooler marine air invades the
inner South Coast. Strong southerly inflow winds will develop
Through Howe Sound and Douglas Channel during the day.
Northwest winds will reach marginal gale force through Johnstone
Elsewhere, winds will remain light to moderate.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: