Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PST 14 December 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwesterly 15 to 25 near midnight and to southerly 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to easterly 15 to 25 early Saturday morning and to easterly 25 to 35 near noon Saturday. Wind increasing to easterly 35 to 45 early Saturday evening.
Showers changing to rain late Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 9:30 PM PST 14 December 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 14 December 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing ridge located over the South
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located west of the
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:32 PM PST 14 December 2018 A frontal system has departed the inner South Coast earlier this
evening. Gale force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait
And inflow winds through Howe Sound will ease tonight.
Another intense frontal system will approach the offshore waters
tonight then move onto the mainland coast on Saturday. Widespread
gale to storm force southeast winds will be generated ahead of the
front with hurricane force winds over parts of the northern and
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: