Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 20 September 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind east 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 early this evening then veering to south 15 to 25 Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain beginning near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 September 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 11:00 a.m. PDT today deepening low 1008 mb located over northern
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening low 1006 mb located over
southwestern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today intensifying cold front from low located
over northern Explorer.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today cold front from low located over Queen
Charlotte Sound to Tofino.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT Friday low 1003 mb located over Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 20 September 2018 A low pressure system over Northern Explorer will move into
Southwestern Queen Charlotte Sound by late evening where it will
remain stationary until Friday afternoon.
The cold front extending southeastward from this system will lead to
gale force southeasterly winds for Queen Charlotte Sound and the
West coast of Vancouver Island by this afternoon. Southeast gales
will also develop through Queen Charlotte Strait and Johnstone
Strait by this evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: