Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 25 this afternoon then diminishing to southeast 10 to 20 this evening. Wind becoming west 10 to 20 late overnight then diminishing to light Saturday morning.
Periods of rain changing to chance of showers Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 10:48 AM PDT 21 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1003 mb located over Explorer.
By 3:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening low located near Tofino.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday approaching ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:23 AM PDT 21 September 2018 A low pressure centre will slowly track across Southern Explorer
today and weaken tonight as it nears Tofino. Strong to gale force
winds in vicinity of the low will continue into early this evening.
A ridge of high pressure will advance on offshore waters following
the low. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds are forecast over
outer-coastal waters tonight.
Winds will ease somewhat Saturday morning as the advancing ridge
settles over coast waters.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: