Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PST 05 March 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southeast 25 knots becoming west 25 late overnight then diminishing to west 15 early Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to light late Saturday morning then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 near noon Saturday. Wind increasing to southeast 25 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 9:30 PM PST 05 March 2021
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 5 March 2021 Tonight and Saturday By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating low located over the North
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough from low located over Queen
Charlotte Sound extending southward.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday dissipating trough located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 6:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM PST 5 March 2021 A low pressure centre over the North Coast is rapidly weakening.
Strong to gale force winds in the vicinity of the low will ease
As the low weakens late this evening.
In the wake of an associated trough, southeast gales over the
southern waters will ease late this evening.
On Saturday, southeast gales will develop over most marine waters as
another front approaches.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: