Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 November 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 35 knots diminishing to southwest 20 this evening and to southwest 5 to 15 late overnight. Wind veering to westerly 20 Thursday morning then increasing to westerly 25 Thursday afternoon.
Rain changing to a few showers Thursday morning and ending Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - west entranceIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 November 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By midnight PST tonight weakening frontal system located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 PM PST 22 November 2017 A frontal system extending from the Central Coast to Explorer will
gradually weaken tonight. Southerly gales over central waters and
west of Vancouver Island will diminish overnight.
Another approaching frontal system will track across the offshore
waters Thursday night. Ahead of the front, southerly gales will
develop over the offshore waters Thursday evening then spread to
central and northern waters overnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: