Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 October 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind easterly 15 knots becoming northeast 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind northeast 10 to 20 Saturday.
Rain ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 October 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located west of Vancouver Island.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing low located over the Washington
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located over northern BC
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM PDT 23 October 2020 A departing low off the west coast of Vancouver Island will move onto
the Washington coast this evening. Gale force northwesterlies
Over Explorer, Queen Charlotte Sound, and west coast Vancouver Island
will ease this evening.
A ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will build southward
today. Gale force northeasterly outflow winds will continue
Through the northern and central mainland inlets. Gale force
Outflow will develop over southern mainland inlets tonight. Outflow
winds will continue through the weekend.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: