Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 25 September 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming northeasterly 5 to 15 knots this morning then becoming light late this afternoon. Wind becoming easterly 5 to 15 Monday morning then becoming west 15 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to west 15 to 25 Monday evening.
Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 25 September 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 25 September 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located over the North Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Monday weakening frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:38 AM PDT 25 September 2022 A trough will move from Bowie into northern waters this morning.
Ahead of the trough, southeasterly gales will develop over East Dixon
and Northern Hecate Strait.
A frontal system will begin to approach Bowie tonight. Ahead of the
system, southeast gales will develop across Bowie tonight then spread
to waters just west of Haida Gwaii Monday morning. The winds are
expected to ease below gales by Monday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: