Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PST 26 February 2024
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light Tuesday morning then increasing to easterly 15 near noon Tuesday. Wind increasing to easterly 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon then becoming westerly 10 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Rain or snow Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 February 2024 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight warm front located on a line north-south
over western Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday departing warm front located from the
Central Coast to Tofino.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday cold front located over Vancouver Island
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 26 February 2024 In the wake of a trough, northwest gales through the inner South
Coast and off the west coast of Vancouver Island will ease tonight.
A warm front over Bowie will track southeastwards across Haida Gwaii
on Tuesday and Vancouver Island in the evening. Gale force southeast
winds will develop over Bowie tonight and spread to northern and
central coastal waters Tuesday morning as gale to storm force
In its wake, winds will shift to strong to gale force westerly
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: