Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 June 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 20 to 25 Monday morning.
Rain ending late overnight with a risk of thunderstorms. A few showers Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 June 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 June 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight cold front located on a line north-south
over southern Vancouver Island.
By 1:00 a.m. PDT Monday departing cold front located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1010 mb located over northern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday dissipating low located over northwestern
At midnight PDT Monday ridge located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 24 June 2018 Strong to gale force westerly winds over Central and Eastern Juan de
Fuca Strait will persist until Monday afternoon.
Winds have become gusty northwesterly this evening over the strait
Of Georgia with the approach of a cold front. On the southern
mainland side near Vancouver wind speeds have approached 25 knots
this evening. Winds will shift to southerly and ease to moderate
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: