Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 17 May 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots becoming light near midnight then increasing to west 30 to 40 Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to west 20 to 30 Wednesday evening.
Rain overnight and Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 May 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 17 May 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line north-south
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating trough located over
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 994 mb located off Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing low 999 mb located over
northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:07 PM PDT 17 May 2022 A trough of low pressure over Bowie will move eastwards and weaken
over Haida Gwaii late Wednesday morning. Ahead of the trough,
southerly gales from Hecate Strait to Northern Vancouver Island will
ease overnight into early Wednesday morning.
A deep low pressure centre will cross Explorer tonight and Northern
Vancouver Island Wednesday morning. Ahead of the low, storm force
southerly winds over Explorer will spread to west coast Vancouver
Island tonight, with hurricane force southeasterlies near the
headlands overnight. Southeast gales will spread to the inner South
Coast early Wednesday morning. In the wake of the low, winds will
shift to gale to storm force westerly overnight and spread to Juan
De fuca strait Wednesday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: