Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 01 June 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to west 15 late overnight and to light near noon Tuesday.
Showers Tuesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 01 June 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 1 June 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Tuesday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Washington State.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:08 PM PDT 1 June 2020 A cold front over Eastern Queen Charlotte Sound will move to lie over
Northern Vancouver Island Tuesday morning. Gale force southeasterlies
ahead of the front will shift to moderate to strong westerlies in
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: