Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 03 October 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to westerly 15 to 20 knots early this evening then diminishing to westerly 5 to 15 Wednesday morning. Wind becoming light near noon Wednesday.
Periods of rain ending late this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located from Explorer to the Central
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located from Explorer to
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located over the Central
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:38 AM PDT 3 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will track across Haida Gwaii this morning
and onto the coast this afternoon. Ahead of the trough, southerly
gales will develop over Dixon Entrance - east and Hecate Strait this
morning and then shift to strong westerlies in the afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: