Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PST 22 November 2017
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots becoming southeast 10 to 20 early this morning then increasing to southeast 20 to 30 late this morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 early this evening then becoming light overnight. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 30 Thursday morning.
Rain changing to a few showers Thursday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 22 November 2017 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to Vancouver Island then to Explorer.
By 8:00 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located southwest of Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located from
the Central Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PST 22 November 2017 A frontal system extending from Hecate Strait to the northern
Tip of Vancouver Island will move east into the Central Coast before
dissipating this morning. A second front will move up from southwest
of Explorer to lie over Queen Charlotte Sound this afternoon. Gale
To marginal storm force winds will ease by this evening.
A ridge of high pressure anchored over BC Interior combined with
incoming frontal systems will continue to produce easterly gale force
winds through the mainland inlets. Those gale force outlow winds
Will ease through today as the gradient weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: