Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 18 August 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 20 knots becoming west 15 to 25 late Friday afternoon.
Risk of thunderstorms overnight and Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 August 2022 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located from the
South Coast to the North Coast.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: