Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PST 12 November 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind northeast 10 to 15 tonight and Tuesday.
Periods of rain beginning Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 12 November 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located over
At 4:00 p.m. PST today deepening low located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 995 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:03 AM PST 12 November 2018 A frontal system located west of Bowie early this morning will slowly
move eastward today crossing Haida Gwaii this evening. Meanwhile a
developing low well offshore this morning will deepen rapidly tonight
as it tracks towards the west coast of Haida Gwaii.
Gale force southeasterly winds over Bowie will spread to most
northern and central waters and off Northwestern Vancouver island
this morning as the front approaches. The gales will persist through
this evening then rise to southeast gale to storm force overnight as
the low approaches.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: