Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 20 June 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 20 knots increasing to westerly 20 to 30 this afternoon and to westerly 30 to 40 early this evening. Wind diminishing to west 20 to 30 early Thursday morning then increasing to westerly 30 to 40 Thursday afternoon.
Chance of showers today. Fog patches dissipating early this afternoon. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 June 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 June 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday building ridge located from the North
Coast to Explorer.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday approaching trough located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 PM PDT 20 June 2018 Gale force westerlies will develop through Juan de Fuca Strait early
this evening and ease early Thursday morning then redevelop late
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: