Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 08 April 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to west 15 to 25 knots Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 4:00 PM PDT 08 April 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 8 April 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday dissipating frontal system located on
a line northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 PM PDT 8 April 2020 A frontal system will continue to generate gale force southerly winds
across parts of the northern waters this evening. The winds will ease
later this evening as the system weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: