Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 September 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 20 early Saturday afternoon and to west 20 to 30 late Saturday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending late Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 September 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 1005 mb located over southern Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening low located near Tofino.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday approaching ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:06 PM PDT 21 September 2018 A low pressure centre continues to slowly track across Southern
Explorer and will weaken tonight as it nears Tofino. In the wake of
the low, gale force northwesterlies over Explorer - south will
diminish overnight as a ridge of high pressure approaches the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: