Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 25 March 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 to 25 knots early this morning then diminishing to light late this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 25 early this evening then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 after midnight. Wind becoming west 5 to 15 Tuesday morning.
Showers beginning late this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 25 March 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 25 March 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located west of Oregon.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary low located off Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: