Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 14 August 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots increasing to west 15 to 25 late this afternoon then becoming west 10 to 20 near midnight. Wind increasing to west 20 to 30 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 10:30 AM PDT 14 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 14 August 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located from Hecate Strait to
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating trough located off the Central
At 10:00 a.m. PDT Monday approaching frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 14 August 2022 A trough is extending from Hecate Strait to Northern Vancouver Island
and spreading strong to gale force southerly winds over the
Northern and central waters. Gale force winds will ease to strong by
this afternoon as the trough weakens.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters late Monday.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the system
over Bowie Monday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: