Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 31 May 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots becoming west 25 to 35 late this afternoon then diminishing to west 15 to 25 late overnight. Wind becoming west 15 Thursday morning then increasing to west 20 to 30 Thursday afternoon.
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 31 May 2023
Friday Wind west 15 to 20 knots increasing to west 20 to 30 late in the day.
Saturday Wind west 10 to 20 knots increasing to west 20 to 30 late in the day.
Sunday Wind west 10 to 20 knots increasing to west 20 to 30 late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 10:30 AM PDT 31 May 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 31 May 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located from Explorer to Hecate
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Thursday quasi-stationary frontal system located
on a line northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PDT 31 May 2023 Ahead of a ridge of high pressure, strong westerlies over Juan de
Fuca Strait will increase to gale force early this evening and ease
An approaching frontal system will cross Bowie tonight and remain
over Haida Gwaii on Thursday. Ahead of the front, gale force
southeasterlies will develop over northern waters early Thursday
morning and ease Thursday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: