Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PST 27 November 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 30 to 40 knots diminishing to west 25 early this morning and to west 10 to 20 this evening. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 late overnight then becoming northeast 5 to 15 near noon Monday.
Scattered showers ending early this morning. Scattered showers this afternoon tonight and Monday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PST 27 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 27 November 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located over Haida Gwaii extending
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing trough located over the South
Coast extending northwestward.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:17 AM PST 27 November 2022 As a frontal system over the Washington state continues to track
southward, northwesterly to westerly gales through the southern inner
waters will ease this morning.
A trough of low pressure over Haida Gwaii will track southward and
maintain the northwesterly gales over the offshore waters today.
The trough will reach the South Coast and depart our region this
A quasi-stationary ridge of high pressure over the BC Interior will
generate marginal gale to gale force outflow winds through the
mainland inlets overnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: