Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 25 March 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light after midnight then increasing to northeast 10 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain changing to showers Tuesday morning and afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 March 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 March 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low located off Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday weakening low located off Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over central Vancouver Island.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: