Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PST 20 January 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northeast 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then becoming westerly 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to light after midnight then becoming southeast 5 to 15 Monday afternoon.
Showers beginning near midnight and ending Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 20 January 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low 1002 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1005 mb located northwest of Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday deepening low 993 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday low 986 mb located northwest of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PST 20 January 2019 An area of low pressure will pass to the northwest of Bowie today,
and moderate to strong southwesterly winds will prevail over northern
A deepening area of low pressure will approach Bowie early Monday
morning and lie to the northwest by Monday afternoon. Gale force
southerly winds will spread to the majority of coastal waters Monday
morning and intensify to gale to storm force winds that afternoon and
Far southern waters will be protected by a ridge of high pressure on
Monday, but should see an increase in southeasterly winds Monday
night as that ridge weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: