Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 08 May 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 20 to 30 knots diminishing to west 5 to 15 early this morning then becoming light this morning. Wind becoming west 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind west 5 to 15 Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 08 May 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 8 May 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today intensifying trough located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 5:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:31 AM PDT 8 May 2021 A trough in a north to south line will move over Haida Gwaii early
this morning and onto the North Coast by late this afternoon. Strong
to locally gale force southeast winds will develop along Hecate
Strait and Dixon Entrance East.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: