Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 September 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light becoming northeast 5 to 15 knots early this morning then becoming light near noon. Wind becoming west 10 to 15 early this evening then diminishing to light overnight. Wind light Thursday.
Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 September 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating cold front located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PDT 30 September 2020 A cold front will approach the northern waters today. Ahead of the
front, southeasterly gales over the northern and central waters will
prevail. The front will dissipate this afternoon with winds easing to
moderate to strong southerlies.
Another frontal system will approach the northern offshore waters
late Thursday, bringing southeasterly gales to Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: