Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 May 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 early this morning then increasing to westerly 30 to 40 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 20 to 30 Sunday morning.
Showers today tonight and Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Juan de Fuca Strait - east entranceIssued 04:00 AM PDT 30 May 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 May 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 998 mb located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday weakening low 1001 mb located northwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PDT 30 May 2020 A ridge of high pressure on a line northeast-southwest from Explorer
to Queen Charlotte Sound will produce strong to marginal gale force
northwesterly or westerly winds over parts of the southern waters
today and tonight. The winds will ease early Sunday morning as the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: