Issued 04:00 AM PDT 23 June 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 this morning then increasing to northwest 20 to 25 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 near midnight then increasing to northwest 20 to 25 Sunday afternoon.
A few showers beginning Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 23 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 June 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 23 June 2018 An offshore ridge of high pressure will produce strong to marginal
gale force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait during the
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters this morning.
Marginal gale force southeasterly winds will develop over Bowie this
afternoon and evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: