Issued 04:00 AM PDT 18 July 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots today tonight and Friday.
Showers ending late this evening. Risk of thunderstorms today and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Johnstone StraitIssued 04:00 AM PDT 18 July 2019
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 18 July 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located over southern
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line north-south over
the North Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 17 July 2019 A departing cold front has moved across the South Coast earlier in
the day. In its wake, strong southeasterly winds over the strait
Of Georgia have shift to locally strong westerly. Strong to gale
force westerlies will continue over the Juan de Fuca Strait then
gradually ease towards early Thursday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: