Issued 04:00 AM PST 05 December 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light this morning then increasing to southeast 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 this evening and to southeast 25 to 30 overnight. Wind southeast 25 to 30 Monday.
Snow beginning this evening changing to showers Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 5 December 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over BC interior.
At 10:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located over the offshore
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:04 AM PST 5 December 2021 A Pacific frontal system will approach the offshore waters late this
afternoon and then lie over the offshore waters overnight. Ahead of
the front, gale force southeast winds will develop over the offshore
waters this afternoon and then over central waters and west of Haida
Gwaii and Vancouver Island tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: