Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 October 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots becoming northwest 30 to 40 late overnight then diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 early Friday morning. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 near noon Friday.
Rain ending Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 October 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 October 2020 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 990 mb located over Queen Charlotte
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday departing low 994 mb located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 7:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located from the Central Coast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM PDT 29 October 2020 An intense low pressure system over Queen Charlotte Sound will move
inland overnight. Ahead of the low, gale to storm force
southeasterlies will veer to gale to storm force northwesterlies in
its wake. A brief period of hurricane force northwest winds can be
expected over Northern Explorer until after midnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: