Issued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to northwest 10 to 20 early Wednesday morning.
Showers ending near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 21 September 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday building ridge located west of the
By 2:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:04 AM PDT 21 September 2021 A frontal system over the central waters this morning will reach the
northern tip of North Vancouver Island this afternoon. The front will
significantly weaken this evening and dissipate across the South
Gale force southeast winds are occurring over the central waters.
In the wake of the front, the winds will shift to strong to gale
force southwesterlies. Later today behind the front, winds will shift
to moderate northwesterlies.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: