Issued 09:30 PM PDT 29 May 2020
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 early Saturday morning then increasing to northwest 25 to 35 Saturday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 May 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 29 May 2020 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Cape Scott.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 999 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Saturday weakening low 1000 mb located northwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 29 May 2020 A ridge of high pressure on a line northeast-southwest from Explorer
to Central Coast will produce strong to marginal gale force
northwesterly or westerly winds over parts of the southern waters
tonight through Saturday night. The winds will ease early Sunday
morning as the ridge weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: