Issued 10:30 AM PDT 24 May 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 this afternoon then becoming southeast 10 to 20 Wednesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain this afternoon tonight and Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 10:47 AM PDT 24 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low located over northwestern Explorer.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low located over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday approaching low located southwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:30 AM PDT 24 May 2022 A low pressure system will move through Northern Explorer today and
come to rest over Queen Charlotte Sound overnight. The low will then
weaken and move onto the Central Coast on Wednesday evening.
Ahead of the low, gale force southeasterly winds are expected and
particularly along the line from Estevan Point to the Vancouver
Island headlands this evening.
The next low that will move through BC waters starts approaching
Southwest Explorer Wednesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: