Issued 04:00 AM PST 24 November 2017
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 this morning then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 Saturday afternoon.
Rain changing to a few showers Saturday morning then to rain Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 04:00 AM PST 24 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 24 November 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Hecate Strait
By 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary frontal system located
over central Vancouver Island.
At 7:00 a.m. PST today low located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low located north of Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing trough located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 AM PST 24 November 2017 A frontal system moving across the central waters will stall over
Central Vancouver Island this afternoon. Ahead of the front,
southeasterly gale force winds will spread to some southern waters
this morning. Behind the front, southerly gales over central waters
will ease this morning.
Meanwhile a low will track north of Bowie today. As it approaches
southwesterly gales will develop over the northern offshore waters
this morning, and spread to northern waters tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: