Issued 10:30 AM PDT 26 May 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 25 near noon then diminishing to northwest 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 near midnight then becoming northwest 10 to 15 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 May 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 26 May 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday departing cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low located west of Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Sunday low located over southern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PDT 26 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure lies over Northern Vancouver Island. A
Front is moving through northern waters today. A low pressure centre
will move northeast towards Haida Gwaii by late Sunday.
Strong to gale force southeasterlies for central and northern waters
today will veer to strong southwesterlies in the wake of the frontal
system. On Sunday, strong to gale force southerlies ahead of the low
over central and northern waters will veer into strong westerlies
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: