Issued 10:30 AM PDT 07 May 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 7 May 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening low 1008 mb located northwest
of Haida Gwaii.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low 1012 mb located near Langara.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying trough located west of
By 2:00 p.m. PDT Saturday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 7 May 2021 A low over northwest of Haida Gwaii will move eastward today and
dissipate over the Southern Alaskan Panhandle early this afternoon.
Strong southeasterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale
force northwesterly in its wake. Winds will gradually weaken this
afternoon as the low dissipates and a weak ridge builds behind the
A trough in a north to south line will move over Haida Gwaii early
Saturday morning and onto the North Coast late afternoon. Strong to
locally gale force southeast winds will develop over the northern and
central waters ahead of the trough.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: