Issued 10:30 AM PDT 15 August 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming northwest 10 to 15 knots early this evening then diminishing to light after midnight. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 15 August 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM PDT 15 August 2022 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters tonight. Strong to
gale force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the system over
Bowie late this evening and then spread to waters near northern
Haida Gwaii on Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: