Issued 10:30 AM PST 08 December 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light near noon then increasing to southeast 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 8 December 2019 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line north-south
over northern Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PST 8 December 2019 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters late this
afternoon. Gale force southerly winds will develop over the offshore
waters tonight then spread to the northern and central coastal waters
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: