Issued 09:30 PM PST 17 January 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming southeast 5 to 15 knots Tuesday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 January 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located over Haida Gwaii.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight departing ridge located over the South
At 4:00 p.m. PST today building frontal system located west of
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located from Hecate
Strait to the Central Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 18 January 2022 A warm front will approach the northern offshore waters and produce
strong to gale force southeast winds to the area beginning this
evening. By Wednesday afternoon the warm front will lie over Hecate
Strait and be producing southeast gales and up to storm force for
North Hecate Strait and East Dixon.
Another frontal system lies just west of Explorer late Thursday
afternoon. Ahead of the front southerly gales will develop.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: