Issued 10:30 AM PDT 13 July 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 25 late this afternoon then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind increasing to northwest 15 to 25 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Johnstone StraitIssued 10:30 AM PDT 13 July 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 13 July 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday departing frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 13 July 2020 A frontal system offshore will approach the North Coast tonight and
Tuesday. Ahead of the system, winds will rise to strong to gale force
southeasterlies on Tuesday over Dixon Entrance East and Northern
Hecate Strait. Winds will ease to moderate to strong southwesterlies
behind the frontal system Tuesday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: