Issued 10:30 AM PDT 01 April 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southerly inflow 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening then increasing to northeasterly outflow 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 near noon Sunday then becoming light Sunday evening.
Showers ending this evening with a risk of thunderstorms.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 01 April 2023
Monday Wind light becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 knots in the afternoon.
Tuesday Wind light becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 knots.
Wednesday Wind light becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 1 April 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 2:00 a.m. PDT Sunday trough located on a line east-west over
By 8:00 p.m. PDT Sunday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over southern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 1 April 2023 A trough of low pressure will track southwards across Bowie during
the day on Sunday to lie over the Explorer region on Sunday evening.
Northwesterly gales will develop over Bowie early Sunday morning and
then spread to Explorer in the afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: