Issued 10:30 AM PST 21 January 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northerly outflow 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light near noon then becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind northerly outflow 5 to 15 Tuesday.
Rain beginning near midnight.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 21 January 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over eastern Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today deepening low 990 mb located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 988 mb located north of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:19 AM PST 21 January 2019 A deepening area of low pressure is moving into Bowie this
Morning and will lie to the northwest by Monday afternoon. Gale force
southerly winds will spread to the majority of coastal waters
And intensify to gale to storm force winds through the day.
Far southern waters will be protected by a ridge of high pressure
But should see an increase in southeasterly winds beginning this
afternoon as the ridge weakens.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: