Issued 10:30 AM PDT 22 June 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly inflow 10 to 20 knots except southwesterly inflow 20 to 25 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southerly inflow 10 to 20 near noon Saturday except southwesterly inflow 20 to 25 over northern sections.
Chance of showers today and early this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 June 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over central Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 22 June 2018 A ridge of high pressure over Vancouver Island will continue to
produce strong to marginal gale force westerly or northwesterly
Winds through Juan de Fuca Strait tonight.
A frontal system will approach the offshore waters Saturday morning.
Gale force southeasterly winds will develop over Bowie on Saturday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: