Issued 09:30 PM PDT 20 July 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light becoming northerly outflow 15 knots late overnight then diminishing to light Sunday morning. Wind becoming southerly inflow 10 to 15 near noon Sunday except southwesterly inflow 20 over northern sections.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 July 2019
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 20 July 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday low 1014 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday low 1016 mb located over southwestern
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: