Issued 04:00 PM PST 19 January 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southerly inflow 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light late this evening then increasing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 after midnight. Wind increasing to northerly outflow 20 to 30 early Sunday morning then diminishing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 early Sunday afternoon.
Showers ending late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 19 January 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 993 mb located off Prince Rupert.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight dissipating low 996 mb located over the
southern Alaska panhandle.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday low 1005 mb located north of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM PST 19 January 2019 A low currently over Dixon Entrance East has started to weaken as it
moves north. Behind the low, gale to storm force southwesterlies
Over the northern and central waters this afternoon will ease to
strong to gale force southwesterlies this evening as the low
dissipates over the Alaska Panhandle. Winds will ease to below gale
force over all waters tonight.
Seas near 8 metres over Explorer, Northwestern Vancouver island
And the central waters will subside this evening as the low
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: