Issued 09:30 PM PDT 07 June 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 knots near midnight then diminishing to light Thursday morning. Wind becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 Thursday afternoon except southerly inflow 20 over northern sections. Wind becoming light Thursday evening.
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 07 June 2023
Friday Wind northerly outflow 5 to 15 knots diminishing to light in the morning then increasing to southerly inflow 15 to 25 in the afternoon.
Saturday Wind light increasing to southerly inflow 10 to 20 knots.
Sunday Wind northerly outflow 5 to 15 knots becoming light.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Strong wind warning in effect
Howe SoundIssued 9:30 PM PDT 07 June 2023
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 7 June 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located from the
North Coast to Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday departing trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM PDT 7 June 2023 A ridge of high pressure will remain quasi-stationary over Explorer
tonight through Thursday. Ahead of the ridge, marginal gale force
westerlies will develop over Juan de Fuca Strait tonight and ease
overnight. Westerly gales will again redevelop Thursday evening.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: