Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 May 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southerly inflow 5 to 15 knots becoming light near midnight then becoming northerly outflow 5 to 15 early Tuesday morning. Wind becoming light late Tuesday morning then becoming southerly inflow 5 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Showers ending this evening. Showers Tuesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 May 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Langara.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM PDT 23 May 2022 A low pressure system will approach Explorer on Tuesday. Ahead of the
system, marginal gale force southeasterly winds are expected for
Explorer on Tuesday afternoon, and West Vancouver Island - north
/ Queen Charlotte Sound Tuesday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: