Issued 10:30 AM PST 19 January 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind southerly inflow 15 to 25 knots diminishing to light late this evening then increasing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 after midnight. Wind increasing to northerly outflow 20 to 30 early Sunday morning then diminishing to northerly outflow 10 to 20 Sunday afternoon.
Showers ending late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 January 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 980 mb located over northern Hecate
By 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating low 994 mb located over the
southern Alaska panhandle.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday low 1005 mb located north of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 19 January 2019 An intense low currently over Northern Hecate Strait this morning
will move north across Dixon Entrance this afternoon while beginning
to weaken. Behind the low, storm to hurricane force south or
southwesterlies will ease to gale to storm force southwesterlies
Over the northern and central waters this afternoon and to strong to
gale force southwesterlies this evening as the low dissipates over
the Alaska Panhandle. In addition, southwest gales southwest of
Vancouver Island will ease to strong this afternoon. Winds will ease
to below gale force over all waters tonight.
Seas near 10 metres over Explorer, Northwestern Vancouver island
And the central waters will subside this afternoon as the low
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: