Issued 04:00 PM PDT 21 June 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly inflow 15 to 20 knots except southwesterly inflow 25 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southerly inflow 10 to 20 Friday morning except southwesterly inflow 20 to 25 over northern sections.
Chance of showers Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 4:00 PM PDT 21 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 21 June 2018 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Friday dissipating ridge located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Friday weakening trough located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 11:00 p.m. PDT Friday approaching ridge located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 PM PDT 21 June 2018 Onshore flow remains over the coast tonight as a trough of
Low pressure deepens over the BC Interior and a weak ridge of high
pressure persists offshore.
Westerly gale force winds will persist through Juan de Fuca Strait
tonight and ease early Friday morning then redevelop Friday evening.
Northwest winds will reach marginal gale force through Johnstone
Strait tonight and ease Friday morning.
Elsewhere, winds will remain light to moderate.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: