Issued 10:30 AM PDT 28 June 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southerly inflow 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southerly inflow 5 to 15 late this evening. Wind southerly inflow 15 Wednesday.
Showers this afternoon tonight and Wednesday. Risk of thunderstorms this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Howe SoundIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 June 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 28 June 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1010 mb located over southeastern
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating low located over Vancouver
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PDT 28 June 2022 A ridge of high pressure remains offshore, while a low pressure
system over Southeastern Explorer will slowly track towards Vancouver
Island today and will weaken.
Strong to gale force southeasterly winds off the west coast of
Vancouver Island will ease near noon today.
Strong to gale force northwesterly winds over Bowie and west coast
Haida Gwaii will also ease near noon today.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: